Drink Up: Protein Shake – Kale, Carrot & Pineapple Delight
So I’m trying out different juicing recipes again to cleanse out from all the not-so-nutritional holiday/end of year/ traveling eating I’ve been doing. I started to juice the kale using my juicer but it was taking FOREVER and I was starving so I juiced the carrots and then put the kale and all the other ingredients in a blender instead ( ) Here’s a delicious concoction I threw together and it turned out quite delightful!
What You’ll Need
- 4-5 cups of raw kale
- 1 20 oz. can pineapples (in pineapple juice)
- 2/3 of a 16 oz. bag of baby peeled carrots
- 1/2 cup almond milk ( optional)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
- cinnamon powder ( to your taste)
- ginger powder ( to your taste)
What You’ll Do
- Juice the carrots ( optional)
- Throw in the kale & pineapples in a blender until smooth ( about 3 mins). I use the Ninja but any blender should do the trick.
- Add in the carrot juice ( or whole carrots if preferred) and almond milk then blend for another 2 mins.
- Add in the ginger powder and cinnamon to the mix – I ended up using about 2 1/2 tbsp of each – but add to your liking. Don’t overdo it though! Blend again for another 1- 2 mins.
- If you choose, add in about 1 scoop of protein powder . I use Plant Fusion’s unflavored version because I don’t like the taste of the sweeteners that most protein powders have.
- Blend until smooth. The least amount of pulp, the better it is for me so I blend until most of the kale pieces are non discernible. That took about 4 mins ( stopping the blender a couple of times in order to prevent overheating)