You can never go wrong with a good panini! It’s relatively quick to create, it’s delish & oh so filling!! Here’s the breakdown of one of my favorite vegetarian panini to make.
What It Takes:
- Prep: 4-7 minutes
- Cook time: 5-7 minutes ( varies)
What You’ll Need :
* Note the amount for each item will vary based on preference but for 1 sandwich, I used about 1/4 a handful for each item
- Mozzarella cheese ( my preference)
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- Pesto sauce (optional & didn’t use it for this panini iteration)
- Sour dough bread (may vary, but what I used for this iteration)
What You’ll Do:
The thicker the bread, the longer it will take for the heat in the panini maker to get through to the veggies so I like to heat up select veggies prior to putting them in the sandwich.
- Over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms, zucchini, and eggplant ( 1 minutes tops)
- While the veggies are heating, lightly coat the bread slices with olive oil
- Once heated, place all veggies (chopped & sliced to your liking) in between bread slices then sprinkle with cheese
- Place the veggies in the panini press . For the brand I use, it takes about 4-5 mins to get it just right depending on the bread I use
- Once grilled, remove sandwich & enjoy!