I always refer to this recipe anytime I’m in the mood for a great Indian dish. It’s simple and relatively quick to make. This dish can be a bit heavy ( i.e. can put you to sleep after eating) so I try not to eat it too late if I have this for dinner.
I snagged this right from allrecipes.com with slight tweaks ( no peas, different oil & amount of light cream I use varies based on the consistency that I prefer) and it comes out wonderfully delish every time!
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil ( I used extra virgin olive oil instead)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, cubed
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons ground unsalted cashews
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup frozen green peas (I omitted this but will taste yummy either way)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream ( I used light cream instead)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender. Mix in ginger and garlic, and continue cooking 1 minute. Mix potatoes, carrots, jalapeno, cashews, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and curry powder. Cook and stir 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir peas, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and cream into the skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.